Hummingbird travel can be fun and interesting.
You might be wondering what we mean?
In our research about hummingbirds, we were made aware of the wealth of travel opportunities for the hummingbird enthusiast.
We are really happy to begin sharing these with you.
Whether you are looking for a romantic getaway, an exciting adventure, or a simple family outing, there many related to the hummingbird.
Here is a list of the general categories and links:
- Museums -with exhibits dedicated to hummingbirds
- Art exhibits -containing hummingbird art
- Hummingbird Festivals -fun outings often with banding demonstrations, "Adopt-A-Hummingbird", and
many activities for children and adults alike
- Gardens -both public and private often with tours of specific flowers preferred by hummingbirds, some have lovely fountains, misters, and bird baths enjoyed by hummingbirds
- Inns -named for the hummingbird, many with gardens, feeders, and many hummingbirds
- Bed and Breakfasts -offering a greater chance to meet other hummingbird enthusiasts
- Parks -in the United States, Mexico, Costa Rica, and South America with hiking areas and family nature parks to view hummingbirds
- Resorts -romantic travel with first class accommodations containing hummingbird gardens for the romantic couple
- Eco-Lodges - for adventurers who favor eco-friendly lodging with hiking tours and viewing opportunities of exotic species
- Photography Tours -in the Unites States, Costa Rica, and South America where it is possible to learn the
professional techniques of hummingbird picture taking
Do you enjoy travel with a spouse, family members, friends or alone?
There are even websites that connect birding travel buddies.....
"Find a birder to go birdwatching with anywhere in the world" at Birdingpal.
Check back to this page often. We will continue to add new travel opportunities as we discover them.
Happy Travel Days to You!
Return to Hummingbird Guide Home
Go to "Tranquility Lodge"
Go to "Tingalayas Retreat"
Go to "Butterfly World Park"
Go to "Hummingbird Festivals"
Go to "Hummingbird Beach Resort"
Go to "Vermont Fairbanks Museum"
Go to "Arizona Sonora Desert Museum"
Go to "Museums with Hummingbird Specimen Exhibits".